Public Health Alert
If you have been exposed to the COVID-19 virus, believe you may have been in contact with someone who has been exposed, or if you feel ill, please do not come to the courthouse. We are taking all necessary precautions to avoid spreading illness during this current public health crisis.
Updated 5/28/20 at 11:00 am
- The courthouse is closed to public access without an appointment until July 3, 2020. Individuals will need to make an appointment to conduct any business on the premise. Please contact the Court at 419-734-6790 or Adult Probation at 419-734-6795 to handle your request by phone, email, or fax. Staff are working and available during business hours.
- A mask/face covering that properly covers the mouth and nose is required to conduct business on site at the courthouse.
- Civil Protection Orders and Civil Stalking Protection Orders (CPO’s) will continue to be heard in whatever manner the Judge or Magistrate hearing the case determines. Please call 419-734-6818 for further instructions. For assistance in filing a CPO, contact the Ottawa County Victim’s Advocate at 419-734-3266 or contact the Prosecutor’s Office directly at 419-734-6845. It is advised to call the day before you have a scheduled hearing to check on the status, as full CPO hearings are being rescheduled. The Domestic Relations Assignment Clerk can be reached at 419-734-6818.
- The Governor’s stay at home order does NOT prohibit parents from leaving home to pick up or drop off their children to the other parent’s residence or designated exchange point, in order to comply with custody and parenting time orders and agreements. Additional guidelines from this Court are available to review.
- All jury trials are suspended at this time. Please contact 419-734-6704 for further updates.
- All in person domestic relations and civil cases are continued until further notice. Initial arraignments/appearances on indictments, bond violations, or probation violations will continue to proceed, if the Defendant is in custody. Proceeding with all other hearings will be determined on a case-by-case basis. Telephone status conferences and pre-trial matters will continue by phone. Please contact 419-734-6790 for criminal and civil issues and 419-734-6818 for domestic issues to obtain further information about your case.
- Drug testing will continue at this time. Please call 419-734-6893 daily, for instructions.
- The Court is working with the Ottawa County Sheriff to reduce jail population and allow for potential reduced staffing. GPS monitoring and house arrest are being utilized to enable the release some Defendants. The Court has a responsibility to protect the community and the safety of the public. Any Victim of a Defendant will be contacted prior to any release. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Adult Probation Department at 419-734-6795.
- For information from the Clerk of Courts for hours and procedures, please click here. An Emergency Administrative Order was filed regarding pleadings during the pandemic on March 18, 2020, available to view. An additional emergency order was filed in the Court of Common Pleas on March 24, 2020, available to view. An updated emergency order was filed on May 7, 2020, available to view.